Late Dr.Kalyani Das Mishra.
Inspiration Behind The Founder
Her Mother Late Subornaprova Das, Daughter-in-Law of Late Dr. Sundari Mohan Das.
In Memory Of
Late Dr. Sundari Mohan Das, the great physician, freedom fighter, social & cultural activist, Founder-Principal of National Medical College & Chittaranjan Hospital, Calcutta and M.D. of Universal Drug House.
Laid down on 31st March 1961 by Late Dr. Apurba Chandra Dutta, M.B.
Chief Minister of Assam Late Bimala Prosad Chaliha, on 29th December 1965. Hospital started with a 6000 Sq.ft. two storied building comprising 20 beds, out-patients dept, operation theater, labour room, X-ray, clinical laboratory, family planning clinic & office plus a few residential quarters for Doctors & staff. The cost of land and construction was raised mostly from donation by the family members & admirers of Dr.Kalyani Mishra, her entire income & savings and some Govt. grants.
Glorious service to the poor rural population specially Maternal and Child Care by Late Kalyani Mishra from early 1960's to late 1980's. With her dedicated service and untiring efforts of her associates specially Late Biresh Mishra & founder members of the Sundari Mohan Memorial Trust, the Institution soon became a centre of great hope to the poor underprivileged rural people of Barak Valley and adjoining districts.
The person who took active part in the initial phase of development of the institution.
1. Late Biresh Chandra Mishra (freedom fighter, political leader and Ex. MLA of Assam).
2. Late Dr. Triguna Sen. (V.C. Jadavpur University and Minister. Govt. of India).
3. Late Suresh Chandra Deb (M.P. Rajya Sabha,Founder President of Trust Board,1965 - 1977).
4. Late Anil Kumar Biswas, Advocate, (President SMMT.1977 to 1998).
5. Late Paresh Chandra Choudhary (Chairman Silchar Municipality).
6. Late Bina Dutta (President, Cachar Mohila Seva Samiti).
7. Late Nirendra Mohan Lahiri (Advocate Ghauhati High Court).
8. Late Dwarika Nath Tewari (MLA. Assam).
9. Late Mehrab Ali Laskar (Principal, G.C. College, Silchar).
10. Late Ranjit Das.(MD. Universal Drug House calcutta,President Trust board in the year 2000).
11. Late Premendra Mohan Goswami (Principal, Narsing H.S. school,Silchar).
12. Late Satijiban Das (Commissioner, Govt. of Assam).
13. Late Subodh Ch.Dutta,(Director-in-charge, The eastern tea co. ltd. Silchar).
14. Late Subornaprova Das.
Founding members of the Trust
1. Late Dr.Kalyani Das Mishra, Founder secretary of the trust 1965-1989.
2. Late Dr. Triguna Sen (V.C. Jadavpur University and Minister. Govt. of India).
3. Late Suresh Chandra Deb (M.P. Rajya Sabha and President, Trust Board -1977).
4. Late Paresh Chandra Choudhary (Chairman Silchar Municipality).
5. Late Ranjit Das.(MD. Universal Drug House, calcutta).
6. Late Biresh Chandra Mishra (freedom fighter, political leader and Ex. MLA of Assam).
7. Late Upendra Shankar Dutta, Advocate Silchar.
The Ideals and Aims
Sundari Mohan Seva Bhawan is a non-Govt. public Institution devoted to the service of the poor people. It shall never be utilised in any way for furtherance of individual gain or any kind of private profit. This institution will undertake any work connected with the treatment of diseases of the people- all sorts of curative and preventive measures. It shall be entitled to undertake research work in relation to diseases and medicines. It will be the constant endeavour of this institution, upto it's capacity, to bring the benefits of modern medical facilities to the easy reach of the rural poor. Every effort will be made to keep this institution above all sorts of corruption on the basis of the above ideals and aims. Within it's limited scope and capacities the Seva Bhawan is constantly following the above ideals and aims in it's day to day work in the service of the people.
A multi specialty rural hospital with 49 Beds offering Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medicine, ENT, pediatric and orthopaedic health care.
Kalyani(Ramnagar),P.O. Banglaghat, Dist. Cachar, Assam, India. *** It is a tribute to the founder that the place is now called "KALYANI" by the people of this region.
Total Land Area
31 Bighas 7 Chotak - about 2/3rd area is hillock and the rest is plain Land.